Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Bliss

Pat and I had a wonderful Memorial Day together. No grand camping adventures or trips for us this year with the little lady but we had an amazing time just relaxing as a family. Today all felt right in the world. We had the whole day to enjoy being together. We had a nice relaxing morning at the house, which included coffee- a must of course. We then went out to lunch near our house and sat outside in the sun for 2 hours just talking about life, what we think is important, and what we might change to have our lives match up with what matters to us. Then we went for a great walk through the woods on a "nature preserve" in the area, grilled ribs for dinner, and played with Lucia.

Here are some pictures from the day. I am so thankful for Pat and Lucia. They make life wonderful!

I love how Pat plays with Lucia. He can actually make her laugh which, at this point, is more of a little baby squeal. It is the cutest thing. Here is Lucia wearing Daddy's glasses. Hopefully we didn't give her some sort of early vision problems. :)


Patrick and Lucia post dinner play time


The family relaxing together. The day ended with carmel brownies, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream and listening to the Weepies. It gave me a few peaceful moments to remember how blessed I am to have my little family. I love them both so much.

Lucia is now fascinated with putting everything in her mouth. She wants to eat anything that comes near her. Here is a video of us playing with her yesterday and her attempts to eat her jungle friends.

2 comments:

Kelli Henderson said...

so cute!! Josh and I both LOVE the videos...it's wonderful to see how Lucy's growing and then to get excited for the hours upon hours of just sitting and playing with our little tiny. :) let's get together soon!

The Parsons' blog said...

Seriously, when I saw the little picture on the side of my blog of this baby with glasses i was like - who is that!?!??!?! She look HILARIOUS! So cute! I'm so glad you had a great weekend. I heart long weekends.