Pat, Lucia, and I had a great day yesterday. It started off with Lucy going one 6.5-hour stretch from 9pm to 3:30am and then a 5-hour stretch to 8:30am. Pat went to check on her at 8:30 and here is the picture that he came back with as proof that she was still ok and sleeping in her crib. We then made a valiant attempt to make it to church. We were heading out the door when we realized that Lucia was going to want to eat earlier than we expected, so we gave her a quick bottle. When heading up to change her after the bottle, we discovered the blow out...more baby poop than I have ever seen before! It was amazing! She had it everywhere including my new outfit that I was wearing for the first time to church. That quickly turned into a bath in order to get the poop off of her head! Yes, it had made its way all the way up to the crown of her head! The little lady did smell great after the bath though. The day turned out to be unexpectedly sunny, so and I drove to UVillage, grabbed lunch, and took a walk with Lucia on the Burke-Gillman trail. She was a trooper and we were able to stay out of the house for a great 6 hours. I love the fresh air and this is such a beautiful time of year for walking outside. It was a great weekend day! Now back to the weekdays for a bit.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Sunny Sunday
Pat, Lucia, and I had a great day yesterday. It started off with Lucy going one 6.5-hour stretch from 9pm to 3:30am and then a 5-hour stretch to 8:30am. Pat went to check on her at 8:30 and here is the picture that he came back with as proof that she was still ok and sleeping in her crib. We then made a valiant attempt to make it to church. We were heading out the door when we realized that Lucia was going to want to eat earlier than we expected, so we gave her a quick bottle. When heading up to change her after the bottle, we discovered the blow out...more baby poop than I have ever seen before! It was amazing! She had it everywhere including my new outfit that I was wearing for the first time to church. That quickly turned into a bath in order to get the poop off of her head! Yes, it had made its way all the way up to the crown of her head! The little lady did smell great after the bath though. The day turned out to be unexpectedly sunny, so and I drove to UVillage, grabbed lunch, and took a walk with Lucia on the Burke-Gillman trail. She was a trooper and we were able to stay out of the house for a great 6 hours. I love the fresh air and this is such a beautiful time of year for walking outside. It was a great weekend day! Now back to the weekdays for a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Praise the Lord for sleep! Love the poop story. I'll never forget when Stella was just a wee one, Sean was changing her diaper and he then calls "Sara, I need some help here." Low and behold she had shot poop across the room and it hit the wall!!! Good times. Oh and with Stella, every time I fed her, she'd poop and it'd go straight up the back. Whenever we would go somewhere I had to pack like I was going to be gone for a week! She had a few poop issues ;)
Lucia is precious.
Sara, that is hilarious! Babies are so funny, such a mystery, yet bring so much joy. I totally remember Stella poop stories from the earlier years like Sean commenting on her poop when she was first born or when she decided she would pull off her diaper during her nap and give it a taste. :)
Post a Comment