Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day and I have to admit that I was pretty darn excited about it. I never imagined that I would love motherhood as much as I do. I, of course, knew that I would love our daughter but had no idea how much or how much I would enjoy spending my days with her. I can't imagine a more enjoyable life that spending my days being a mom and loving on my little girl. She is so much fun and each day just seems to get better and better as she becomes more responsive. My friend Sarah told me it is just amazing when they can say "mama". I can't wait for that. I feel like I am enjoying each stage.

Along with it being Mother's Day, it is also Lucia's 2 month "birthday". She is growing so fast. My Mother's Day started off with Lucy sleeping 6.5 hours and then waking up with tons of smiles for me. Pat had chocolate chip and strawberry pancakes waiting for me, which are my favorite. We made it to church this week without any kind of diaper of spit-up blow out which kept us away the last two weeks. I was so thankful to be back at church especially on Mother's Day. I felt pretty proud to stand up with the other ladies. :) Lucia did, however, pee all over her dress. It was the first time that I had taken her out in a dress and it was the one that her aunt Kaitlyn bought for her. She had an outfit change mid service but I putting her back in it this week for pictures because she was super cute. After church, we went out for lunch and now I am writing this blog. Pat has dinner ready to go tonight already too!

Thanks to aunt Kate for the Mother's Day dress! Here are some pictures of the day:

Me and my sweet baby girl Lucy Kate



Lucia in her Mother's Day dress talking with Mr. Elephant pre outfit change


Breakfast of champions: chocolate chip pancakes with fresh strawberries!



Healthy and tasty dinner made by my husband. Gotta love that!


Lucia and Pat at Breakfast

2 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm so glad you had a special day. The pictures are all so sweet and I'm happy to see Pat treated you right with those yummy pancakes and whatever that other goodness was - yum! :)

Becky said...

Happy1st Mother's Day! I'm glad you had such a great day. Lucy is looking super cute too!!!!!