Saturday, October 15, 2011

Walking and Waiting...

It finally sank into my brain that there is always the potential that I could go into labor after my due date. I've had my due date in mind as the longest that I would have to wait but after my last OB visit, I'm thinking I better set my mind to working on going into labor. :) I looked at my blog posts from this point in my pregnancy with Lucia and I was actually a bit more dilated and a bit more effaced at my 38.5 week apt. than I was last Thursday. On top of that, my OB said at least one week from last Thursday which would be only 4 days before my due date. Those few things have made me super motivated to walk walk walk myself into labor. I don't know if that is really possible, but I'm going to give it a solid try. So, starting last Thursday, I have been trying to walk at least a 1.5 mile loop around our neighborhood and, when I have time, make it two 1.5 mile walks during the day. Fingers crossed for an on time labor/delivery!

No comments: