Wednesday, October 5, 2011
37 Week Appointment
I am officially full term!!! When I was pregnant with Lucy I was under the impression that it meant that she would pop out at any minute. The logical part of my brain knows that is not true this time around but there is still the pregnancy influenced part of my brain that thinks maybe....just maybe. :) Anyway, I went in for my check up today at 37 weeks and 2 days. I am annoyed to report that it was disappointing. First, I had to see a PA because my doctor is on vacation until my apt. next week. Nothing against the PA at all but I know that she doesn't see women at this stage of pregnancy very often, so she was not quite as informative as my Dr. who has been delivering babies since the beginning of time (25+) year. Have I mentioned how much I love my doctor! The basic annoying stats are that I am still only about 1cm dilated and maybe slightly more thinned. Not a terrible amount of progress over the last week which I suppose I expected but was hoping to be happily surprised (thanks pregnancy brain). The more annoying part, however, is that the PA was slightly concerned about my belly measurements last week and said that she would be watching them. I'm not sure what exactly she measures. I think that it is either the uterus or the baby from my pelvis to his bum. The measurements were low again this week, so she is sending us in for a precautionary ultrasound tomorrow morning. I tend to think that it is overkill and that he is just riding REALLY low which he is, but of course I don't really know what I am talking about so we'll see. I am very very excited to see the little man on the big screen, so that part is very fun but I would much rather not go in at all and not have the concern looming in my hormonally charged head. It messes with me a bit because I start thinking about all of the possible complications. The other daunting thought is that my doctor won't be back to review the results with us until next Thursday. One week at this point is a very long time to wait. I may call in on Friday to see if another doctor can review the results and at least give us some information. That was a lot of rambling but I really do think that he is fine in there. His heartbeat has been great and was again today and his movements have been consistent. We'll just be praying for good news and the safe arrival of our little boy very soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment