Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Pumpkin Time!

I think that I have started to become a true Northwestern girl. I'm definitely not all the way there yet but there are signs. The first being that I think that fall may be my new favorite season! There are things that I will miss out on this year because of being pregnant like September hikes on the higher elevation trails and roadside apple cider but next year...next year. Anyway, there is much to love about fall already this year. I absolutely love the pumpkin patch! I must have gone at least a half dozen times last year and I am two visits in already this year. Who doesn't love tromping around a big field full of bright orange vegetables! This particular pumpkin patch is awesome because there are so many other lovely and tacky things to enjoy: pumpkin cookies, roasted corn, hay rides, kettle corn, apple cider, fresh corn and apples to purchase, and a corn maze!

Kristen, Hayden, Lucia, and I hit the pumpkin patch last Thursday on a gloriously sunny day. It was perfect! Lucy was afraid of getting her hands wet...what to do with that child! She loved the animals and crazy pumpkin people though.

She did manage to pick up a few pumpkins. Super cutie with her rock star glasses. ;)
The two little people by the entrance
Look! I am even wearing shorts and it was Sept. 29th!

Then Pat, Lucia, and I hit the farm again on Sunday. Lucy knew the ropes this time around and we just followed her as she jumped from one activity to the next. She was not concerned about the wet pumpkins this time around, so we had a lot of fun in the pumpkin patch looking for baby pumpkins which she then carted around the rest of the farm.

Lucy's favorite display. She talked to the queen pumpkin for quite a while.
Classic shot. I think that we have the same one from last year.
Wow....that is a giant belly! 3 weeks to go people!
And me trying to keep my pants up which is hard to do given the giant belly. :) I spent the whole day hiking up my pants. It's an attractive look I assure you!
My two favorite people in the whole in a sea of tiny pumpkins (the large pumpkins are in a field on the other side of the corn).

No comments: