I had my 38.5 week appointment today with only 11 days to go until the due date! My OB was back in the office, so it was nice to see him again. I just feel very confident in his skills. Sadly, though, no grand cervix news to report. I am still hanging out at about 1cm dilated and 1/3 effaced. He told me that he expected I would make it at least to this time next week before going into labor. That news really isn't a shocker, though, given my due date is still 1.5 weeks out. I am just crossing my fingers that the little guy isn't late! For now, I will enjoy his crazy kicking and trying to grab his little foot that keeps trying to poke out of my right side. My next appointment is next Friday, so hopefully I'll get the "any day now" news at that appointment. It is nice to know that I can just chill for a week and not get all worked up about every little contraction thinking it could turn into labor contractions.
It is a beautifully sunny day here, so I can't complain at all. Lucy is napping and I plan to take a nice long walk with her when she wakes up. I'll just do my best to soak in as much Lucia and Pat time as possible over the next week and be grateful for our little 3 person family. They are certainly a crazy lot of fun to be around. I love to sit back and watch the crazy unfold every evening when Pat gets home. Lucy eats up all of the attention and tossing around she gets from her genuinely awesome Dad. We are both so lucky!
I also managed to make an enormous pan of lasagna this afternoon to freeze. That will be great to have around after my mom heads home and we start thinking about having cereal and oatmeal for dinners. :) Cream of Celeriac Soup is on the list to make and freeze for tomorrow. Too bad we don't have a stand alone freezer in the garage!
No comments:
Post a Comment