My mom made a big deal of Easter when I was a kid. I remember lots of frilly dresses and amazing/ hideous matching outfits. I love it! We always did Easter egg hunts at my Grandma and Grandpa's house out on the patio and my mom would buy up half the eggs in the grocery store for us to color, dye, and beautify! I have lots of great childhood memories that involve Easter and I realized how important it was to me to continue the tradition. So, this year, we did a lot of fun and hilarious things. Here are our activities on Saturday before the actual Easter celebration.
First, we went to the local egg "hunt". I have never seen anything like it. They spread 16,000 plastic eggs in a football field and let 100s of kids loose. I am not kidding, those eggs were gone in less than 2 minutes. It was amazing. Here are Lucy with Daddy after the "hunt"
After lunch, we did our own little hunt in the backyard. I loved this. It was so sunny and warm that afternoon. Lucy had a great time hunting and Pat did the hiding. Thankfully Pat only put one small candy in each egg because Lucy ate them as she found them. ;)
Eli got in on some of the fun too with Dad!
I was so excited that Kaitlyn came over to join the Easter Egg coloring action. It is a good thing that she did because it would have been a huge mess without her. She pretty much lead the charge.
Kaitlyn helping with the creative process
Solveig stayed with us for a few days and it was even more fun to have two little girlies coloring! Here are the cutie cousins
WOW...look at all of that color. I love it
No comments:
Post a Comment