Friday, June 19, 2009

Lunches with Uncle Craig

Lucy and I had a great day yesterday for a few reasons. First, she slept for 11 hours the night before and then took a full morning and an extra long afternoon nap. We are both much happier when she sleeps well!

After a nice morning, Lucy and I went downtown to have lunch with Uncle Craig. Craig and I used to have lunch together every week when we both worked downtown and started the tradition up again about a month ago but this time with Lucia. Next week is Craig's last full week at work in Seattle before he and Renee move to San Francisco. I am very excited that they have such a great opportunity but, at the same time, very sad to see them go. They have had three years in Seattle, which has seemed way too short. It has been so nice to be close to a sibling and to be able to just call him up and hang out and, on top of that, to get to know and love Renee. It will be a sad day with they move! I will miss our lunchtime together very much!

Here we are at our normal lunch spot in Seattle. Poor Lucy slept through the whole thing so she is not in the shot.




After our trip home, Lucy and I had a great afternoon playing together. Here she is demonstrating her newfound ability to grab her toes. She is quite pleased with herself and does it all the time now.



Here we are heading out for our afternoon walk. Lucy doesn't look thrilled in the picture but don't be fooled, she likes the walks. I enjoy the sunshine, fresh air, and view of the mountains from our neighborhood. Lucia enjoys the taste of the baby bjorn. She pretty much spends the whole walk lick attacking the inside of the baby carrier...oral fixation stage!


Here is a video of Lucy and her toe discovery!

3 comments:

Becky said...

11 hours... what a great thing... way to go Lucia!!!! Sleep makes us feel so much better

Kelli Henderson said...

Look at her go! She's gonna be turning over before you know it! And may I say..your hair is looking adorable...LOVE the curls. :)

B Murphy said...

I can't believe she is getting so close to rolling! Sometimes it seems like it is all going by so fast...and other times not. :) Thanks for the hair compliment! I finally feel like it is getting back to normal...wahoo!