Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A New Room For Lucia

We finished Lucia's big kid room a month or so back, but here are some pictures of the finished product!

This is the finished quilt that I made along with the throw pillow. I would guess that I cut over 450 squares for the quilt. The final product has about 350...some were tossed because I didn't like the color or pattern. Anyway, I estimate that 80 hours of love went into the making of my very first quilt. Hopefully there will be more to come because I actually had a lot of fun. I cut all of the pieces, sewed the top, made the binding, tied it, and pieced it all together. The awesome bird paintings were done by Tracie. She has serious skills!



I added the trim to the curtains and the lampshade. I LOVE me some fringe people! Pat jokes that I must roll around in ball fringe on some days at home.

And my favorite little vanity found at a vintage show months back with my sister-in-law, Jai. She put up with a MILLION questions when I was trying to decorate Lucy's room. She has the best decor taste EVER!!!!!!! If only I could steal a part of her brain...I would take good care of it.

No comments: