Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Words coming FAST

Wow, Lucy baby is most definitely learning to talk and it is happening so quickly. I love that I can completely see her soaking up information, watching what we do, imitating, and trying out new words. She is a smart kid for sure. The other day, she was standing up in the pantry barking like a dog and saying "dooa"- her word for dog. She just kept doing it over and over again. I didn't think too much of it at first because she LOVES dogs and, hilariously, barks all of the time. I finally went to get her and discovered that she had located a tiny 1-in by 1-in picture of a dog on a cereal box. It was so cute. Now she is constantly trying to get to the pantry to bark at the dog. I love that kid! The video below is from the morning after she found the dog. I'll try to post a video of her saying all of her new words, but here is the list for now and the video includes "dooa"- her version of dog.



"dooa"- dog
"baw"- ball
"craca"- cracker (she is particularly good at this one given that it results in her getting more empty calorie food)
"wawa"- water
"sew"- shoe
"side"- outside
"daa"- done
"ca"- car
"baba"- bottle
"hiyo"- hello

and mama and dada of course...

No comments: