Saturday, July 24, 2010

10 years of wedded bliss

I have a few things to catch up on as far as blog posts go. So, I will start with our 10 year anniversary trip to Whistler. First, I would like to say that I am married to the greatest man. 10 years have gone by and I still think that I am the luckiest woman. We get to spend our years together trying to figure out life, marriage, parenting, and our own personal transformation. I am thankful that this life will be spent with someone that I respect, someone who can make me laugh, understands me, is willing to let me change, listens, encourages, and loves me. I am blessed. God knew what I needed and He gave me Pat. Props to my kick ass husband.

Pat and I headed out for a quick weekend trip to Whistler on July 9th while Kathy watched Lucia back at home. It was so nice to get away just Pat and I. We are not able to take much time away just the two of us so it was a total luxury even though it was only a few days. We arrived on Friday afternoon, hung around in the village and had dinner out watching the crazy partier people. On Saturday we went to our favorite breakfast place, Hot Buns for crepes and a cinnamon roll....so tasty! Then, after many trips of watching the downhill mountain biking with envy, we finally got to go ourselves! The downhill track is crazy to say the least. You take the same lift that you would in the winter time to ski but instead it is adapted to haul mountain bikes (and us) up the hill.
We rented full suspension (front and back) mountain bikes because our own bikes only have front suspension. You get plenty of protective gear to go along with the bikes. It was an 80+ degree day. We were crazy nasty by the time we were done. We biked for 6 hours with a lunch break in the middle and a short stop at the end of each run. We managed to do four runs with each one, including the lift, taking about an hour. By the time I got to the bottom of the hill after each run, my legs were so sore from holding myself up the whole time. You never really sit on the bike; you just hold on for dear life and hope you don't fly over the front of the bike....well, that was me anyway. It was so much fun. I would do it every weekend if we could afford it. I love being outside and working at something that fun. Here are some pictures of us on our bikes.



After the biking, we rushed to get as cleaned up as we could, then we took a different lift to the top of Whistler for a mountain top BBQ. It was so unbelievably beautiful. I love the mountains so much. I just wanted to stay up there to soak it all in. The air is so crisp and you can see forever into the mountains and the valley. I'll take that for an anniversary dinner any day over a fancy restaurant!

Heading up to the BBQ
Views from the top

Messing around on the gondola back to the village


On Sunday, we took the lift up to the top of Whistler again and then on the peak 2 peak gondola to Blackcomb. We were planning on taking a hike on Blackcomb but the trails were snowed in, so we hung out for a while and then headed back into the village.
We were able to grab lunch and one last beer before heading back to the real world. It was an awesome trip and an awesome way to celebrate 10 amazing years of marriage. I am so blessed to be married to a man that I love, respect, and genuinely want to spend my life and experiences with.

Cheers to 10 years of awesomeness!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Briana and Pat!!! I can't believe it's been 10 years! I will always remember standing up there with you on your beautiful day. Love you guys!!!

B Murphy said...

Thanks Sarah! I definitely thought about you guys on our 10 year and how funny it is that we were really just kids on that day. It is unbelievable how time flies by...now we both have kids and awesome husbands! Life is good.