It is official...I am thirty! On one hand, I can't believe it but on the other hand, it seems good and right. I am so happy with my life. I don't have big regrets at all which seems unlikely these days. I am married to a good man who I love, I have the cutest and sweetest kid in the world, I have a wonderful family and meaningful friendships. Life seems very sweet right now. Sometimes I wish that I could freeze time so that I could better soak in the good. My baby learning to walk, good conversations with my husband, weekends away with my sister, and growing friendships. 30 is good so far. Anyway, on to the fun stuff that ushered in the new decade in life.
On my actual birthday, Kaitlyn flew in from Talli, FL. It was so wonderful to have her here for 10 days and be able to spend time with her on my birthday. She spend October-March with us this past year, so it felt like old times to have her with us. I love having her here and so does Lucia. I just with that all of my siblings could live close. So, Kaitlyn and I hung out during the day on my birthday and then Pat got home from work and made us fondue, shrimp, and salad...my favorite! We opened gifts and had "cake"/top pot donuts.
Lucy welcoming me to my 30's


Sweatshirt from Kaitlyn that I quickly made use of on our camping trip the following weekend.

Kaitlyn refusing to pose for a bday picture

Fondue dinner, sangria, and Kailyn unhappy with the camera

The next day, Kaitlyn surprised me with an awesome girls night out. I cannot even tell you how much fun it was to hang out with her and my friend Lindsay.


I wish that I could repeat that evening every few weeks. Kailyn had done a bunch of research to find a show for us to see. We ended up going to the Triple Door downtown which is now by far my favorite venue. We got literally the front row booth in the middle of the room. We had the booth to ourselves and just got to sit back, drink our beer and shots and enjoy the show.

We saw Katie Herzig, who I had not heard before, but she was amazing live.

During the show, she brought out Brandi Carlile and Kaitlyn nearly flipped out when that happened. After the show, Kaitlyn shamelessly got pictures of all three of us with Katie and then one of Kaitlyn and I with Brandi. It was a great few days of birthday celebration. Thanks to Pat, Kaitlyn, and Lindsay!
No comments:
Post a Comment