I am now just one day shy of 33 weeks pregnant! That is 4 weeks from full term and 7 weeks from the due date. Some days it feels close and other days it feels like March will never come. Pat and I went to our second and final birth class. We went to the first class last Saturday for 4 hours and then again this morning for four hours. The information was great and I am sure that the different pain management suggestions will come in handy. It also helped to solidify how I would like to manage the pain though I know that the birth process isn't something that you have the luxury of controlling. The class also provided a good dose of humor, as I can't exactly make it through the practice breathing with a class full of people without laughing. Pat is going to a great job as my labor partner. I also realized how much work he will have in the whole process. I have to deal with the pain from the contractions but he has to be the encourager, which will be a tough job too.
I am starting to think about all of the prep stuff that I should get done before the baby comes like washing her clothes, packing my bag, making sure that I have all of the essentials, and making food that I can freeze and then we can easily heat up after she is born. I get to take a few days off in early February, which will be a good time to get those things done.
My next dr. appointment is this coming Thursday and I am looking forward to it. It is nice to go in every two weeks at this point just to see how things are progressing. If nothing else, it makes me feel like we are getting closer to meeting our little girl. The dr. appointments are really quick but the doctor always tells me the position of the baby which I love and, of course, listening to the heartbeat is always fun.
2 comments:
Briana, you look great! I'm sure the Lord has been preparing you for the lack of sleep soon to come (something about having a baby in the stomach makes for not the greatest sleep). Hang in there!
Hey, did you make your curtains or did you purchase them?? If you made them I'd love to know where you got the fabric. I want to make some if they have blue or a dark brown. Just curious!
Hey Sara! Thanks so much for the encouragement. Today has been such a great day with the beautiful sunshine. It is amazing how much sun in Seattle in January can do for you.
I didn't make the curtains. I wish that I had the skill and patience to do that but..
I did get them at iKea though and they were pretty inexpensive, only $39 for the set which seems pretty good given that kind of silk usually runs about $15 per yard. They have a few other colors including blue if I remember correctly. Happy shopping. :)
Post a Comment