Sunday, January 4, 2009

31 week update




Here are a few nursery progress pictures. There have been lots of changes over the past few weeks with the painting complete and the crib bedding in place (mom's got some serious seamstress skills!). Pat just put up the curtains the other night and we have our first substantial baby toy. Please note that it is called a "baby gym"....hum...maybe a bit of an inflated name given the coordination and motor skills of a newborn. Nonetheless, the toy makes it feel like a nursery. Pat and I checked it out by crawling under it. I think she'll like it. How could you not like a jungle themed mat with a giraffe, jungle themed music, and flashing lights!?

As for our little girl, she is now over 16 inches long, 3.3 pounds, and apparently heading into a growth spurt. She will gain about .5 pounds per week until she is born which seems crazy. She is going to get heavy to cart around in my belly. I am doing well with the only real challenge being sleeping and sore ribs at the end of the day if I have been standing or walking too much. I get pretty excited when she decides to sleep at the same time that I am trying to sleep however she often seems to find that the best time to flop around and test our her kickboxing skills.

I have a dr appointment this Friday, which I am looking forward to. I haven't seen the actual doctor since October as my November and December appointments were with PAs. I have a good solid list of questions for him and am interested in what he has to say about my progress. Only 9 weeks to go now if our little girl decides to come on time.

1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

The room looks awesome!! She's going to love it. Oh, and those baby "gyms" are wonderful and you just wait, all that flailing arm business she does, is really her "workout" :)