On her birthday, we had just the family over. Jai, Sten, Solveig, Allistaire, Terry and Kathy from the Murphy side and Mom, Kaitlyn, and Lindsey from the Summerill side. Lucia loved the balloons and the flags that I made. She wasn't so sure about the cake at first but then managed to smoosh it all over her face. True to Lucy and her eating habits, she managed to get the food all over the place while getting very little in her mouth. :)
It is strange to think that we celebrate a whole year of life in just one day. I can't really put my feelings into words but I'll say that she and Pat are the loves of my life and I can't imagine a moment without them. They are both sweet and hilarious. The best is watching the two of them together and knowing that the Lord has blessed me so fully. I am so thankful for them both. Lucia is doing a whole new set of things every few weeks it seems. She is a toddler for sure now. She has started to tip her head to one side when she knows she is being cute or is feeling shy. She also has started making a very surprised face that I'll try to catch on camera.
Nearly all of the Summerill ladies together. We were just missing Renee in the bunch.
Oooo...pretty flags. I had a lot of fun making these flags as part of the birthday decorations. I ended up making two sets of flags and a tablecloth. Thanks to Kaitlyn, the tablecloth is actually sewn straight. We did a lot of measuring to make sure that I didn't mess it up.
Checking out the balloons with Dad
More time on the bike
The glorious first cake experience
What is this wonderful chocolate thing?!?!
1 comment:
You have one super cute girl! Congrats on one year Lucy & Mom & Dad! I am so happy for the 3 of you!
Post a Comment