Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunny February Days

It seems like Lucia is getting to be a toddler and it is happening so fast! She is now eating big kid foods, pulled herself up to a standing position a few weeks back and decided to take up climbing the stairs on Monday, Feb. 15th. I feel like she is going to be running around and talking to me in no time at all. It is so fun to watch her grow and learn. February has been full of many fun and new adventures for us. Here are a few random pictures and then a few from our outings.

Lucia and I took our first trip to the zoo with our friends Lindsay and Jackson. I wish that I had a picture of the four of us too but here is one of Lucy and I. Lucy definitely liked certain point during our visit but, for the most part, the animals were far enough away that I don't know that she got it. She did like the penguins because the came swimming right past the glass. We'll have to try again in the summer when she is a bit older. That said, it was still really fun to take her and I'm looking forward to more trips when the weather is a bit warmer. Lindsay and I were freezing by the time we finished at the zoo.

Our next animal adventure was visiting a petting farm with Aunt Kaitlyn. This past week has been beautifully sunny and "warm" (55ish degrees). I absolutely love the northwest when it is sunny. I just want to spend the entire day outside enjoying the mountain views and the fresh air. We live in such a beautiful place. Anyway, back to the animals. Lucy loves dogs and imitates them whenever she hears them, so I figured she might also like a petting zoo. It was more successful than the zoo because the animals were so close. She did get pretty excited in her little Lucy way which entails flapping her arms and legs and hard as possible and making a loud screeching sound while knocking her head back into my body. It is pretty funny. She like the goats and tried to reach out and touch one of them. She was a bit startled by the funny looking chickens with crazy feathers but warmed up to them. She loved the horses and laughed at one of them as he was sticking his head out of the fence.


This was definitely the week of sun. On Friday, Kaitlyn and I took Lucia down to the waterfront, walked on the beach, watched the ferries, played with dogs, and put Lucy in a swing for the first time. She loved it so much that Pat and I just went back today to repeat the fun.

Our two Northwest beach days







No comments: