I was able to take a trip to visit my two sisters in Tallahassee, Florida back in mid September. I loved the trip and loved being able to see them and spend time with just the girls. Pat is so generous and stayed home with Lucia taking a day off of work to make it happen. He is really supportive of me having time away from the house to spend time with friends and, in this case, family across the country. This was my first overnight trip away from Lucia. I was away for 4 days and missed her but not in a way that kept me from enjoying hanging out with my sisters. It was good for me to have the time away.
Here are the three of us at a huge garden at a state park in Tallahassee. We spent a few hours walking through the gardens and hanging out by one of the lakes hoping to see an alagator...no luck.

Tallahassee, or rather Northern Florida and Southern George, have the most amazing trees with hanging Spanish moss. I had to get a picture. I love them but have no idea what the name of the actual tree is.
I LOVE the beach, so we decided to take a 2-hour drive over to the Gulf Coast so that I could lie on a real beach, get a tan, and swim in the ocean. Well...we took the 2-hour drive and I did swim in the ocean but didn't quite get that tan. It was pouring down rain; pouring Floriday style rain. We ate lunch at a seafood place to see if the rain might stop but it just kept on coming. We were about to leave but then decided we at least had to walk out to the ocean so that we could see it. Bythe time we made it out there, we were completely wet so we just went for it and jumped in the ocean anyway with all of our clothes on. It was such a great time! Much better than sweating to death on the beach. :) Here we are in the car driving home completely wet with salt water. Hum...we didn't really plan out that part...poor car!

Lindsey and I making Fondue after our rainy trip to the beach.

Visiting Lindsey in her room at FSU

Lindsey and Kaitlyn had outfits made for Lucia while they were in Africa. Both of them are crazy cute. Here we are checking out the gift from Lindsey.
No comments:
Post a Comment