Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our inch long little baby

Well, here is what is happening with our little baby this week. She (I am just going to pick a random gender with each blog so that I don't have to continue to write he/she) is an inch long now for starters though my belly feels like she must be bigger than that. :) I am also definitely starting to feel the affects of pregnancy more and more. I am still really tired and eat fairly consistently in order to avoid the nauseas feelings. I also managed to add a bad cough to the fun which has made my chest start hurting in the evening. The cough is definitely slowing though not going away and the nurse thinks that I have aggravated my ribs thus the hurting chest. I am thankful that I am feeling well today though!

I will post some more pictures shortly. My good friend Sarah has requested a belly pudge picture, so I will have to comply. :)

From BabyCenter.com
Your new resident is nearly an inch long and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No more tail! I'm really enjoying reading your updates. So amazing! I hope you like the book. I stood in the store reading it for about an hour. I think guys can relate to technical terms; not that your baby is a computer by any means. :)

The Parsons' blog said...

I'm so glad you are going to update through the pregnancy! I'm so excited for you and Pat. The whole process of being pregnant just confirms that much more what a miracle these babies are and how we serve a great and mighty God!