Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer Fun

We have had such a great summer! The weather has been decent for the northwest and I've tried to get out as much as possible even though we are limited by baby naps. Getting out each day is definitely such a help in maintaining my sanity.

Our favorite activities this year have been u-pick farms, the Everett Animal Farm petting zoo, Farmers Markets in the evenings with Daddy, the Greenlake kiddie pool, the local spray park, and our Ice Caves hike. I have to say that the u-pick this year has been so much fun. Lucy is totally into it and knows just what to do and I love the idea of picking my own food! We've done strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, zucchini, lettuce, kale, snap peas, corn, dill, and beets. My freezer is literally exploding with berries! I love it. Berry loveliness all winter long!!!!!! I actually looked into getting a mini freezer for the garage but those suckers are not cheep. Anyway, I digress.

Here is a huge crop of pictures from our summer adventures...

Lucy grass diving on a hike in Snohomish with Eli, Pat, and me.
Me and the little man at one of our favorite spots- the Mukilteo waterfront by our house.  Could that blue sky and clouds be any more perfect???  Ok, Bubs hat is way too small but it was all we had with us in the car and the sun was too bright for his baby head.
Lucy and I on an outing in Poulsbo with the fam and Nana and Papa
Our little hike where Lucy was grass diving.  This was Eli's first ride in the backpack.  Go Bubs!
Ahhhh, the U-pick farm!  We were doing Strawberries with Aunt Lindsey.  Lindsey graciously offered to carry Eli...sucker!!!  Wahahaha.
More picking for meeeeeeee!!! :)
Lucy selected this "stick" to carry on the woods walk behind our house.  She didn't make it too far but it was funny!
Dad hanging out with his little peeps!
An outing to Camano Island State Park

Lucy in a huge tree trunk on our Ice Caves hike!
Me with the kiddoes on the Ice  Caves hike.  Bubs is on my back though you can't see him. :)
Oh....SUGAR blisssssss!  From Daddy of course!
Great Grandma Shirley with the littles
U-pick again with Lindsey.  It is SO nice to have her in Seattle!  This time we attacked the Raspberries.
Clam digging with Grandpa Dave!  This was awesome!
Eli attacking Daddy's beard....just too cute.
Ok, this outfit is amazing and was picked out all by Lucy.  She was doing her daily quiet time and this was how she looked when she came downstairs to ask for a snack. 
Breakfast time on the front porch!  Oh, I miss it already!
Here is the spray park.  Lucy goes absolutely crazy here.  She loves it!
Just a super cute standing man. 
Daddy with Lucy picking blueberries
Aunt Kaitlyn took Lucy on a adventure day and they saw Frog and Toad.  When I went to pick Lucy up, she told me that I needed to leave.  Apparently Kaitlyn is way more fun than I am. ;)
Oh, sweet girlie cousins!  Jai and the girls stayed with us for a few days and we hung out at the zoo.  I love these little ladies!

No comments: