Well, once again, it has been forever since I have posted anything. This post goes out to "Aunt Barbara" who has said that I need to put something up enough times that I am actually caving to the pressure. ;)
So, on with it. Eli, or Bubs as we like to call him, has had a big month! He made his first crawling "steps" on August 20th just one day before the big 10 month mark. He has been up on hands and knees rocking back and forth and concentrating really hard for about a month now. It is pretty cute to see him working so hard to move around. It hasn't taken long though for him to really take off. He often sits in the living room playing while I am working in the kitchen and now I see his little round face and hear his pudge hands hit the floor as he comes to find me. I love that he wants to see me and will abandon his toys to seek me out. I am a sucker for those kiddos! Now he wants to sit behind me in the kitchen while I make dinner. He is so lovely!
This new development has brought about some dismay for Lucy. Bubs can now make some pretty quick moves to demolish her lego towers...unacceptable! A new opportunity to teach patience, sharing, and how to deal with frustration. :)
Eli also popped out his first two teeth during the first week of August. We think he has another crop coming because he often screams like his face is melting off. Let's hope it's the teeth...
He has also started to really work it with his smiles. He totally hams it up for us now and does this smoosh face grin that is priceless. It also exposes his soft baby neck which is perfect for kissing.
Other funny things that I will look back at and will make me smile...
- we don't have a double stroller, so Lucy just jumps on the front of the BOB stroller if she needs a ride. In order to keep from being kicked by Bubs' flailing feet, she holds his feet on either side of her body while we are strolling. Bubs just goes right along with it.
- Eli , while crawling around on the wood flood, will spin around in circles on his belly looking from one thing to the next.
- The sound of his pudgy hands smacking the wood floor
- How easily Lucy can made him belly laugh at the table while they are both eating
- He is starting to say Mama a bit now...mostly when he is in distress :)
- He LOVES the water so much that I have to work so hard to keep him from diving straight into the pool or bath whenever we are near it.
Here is Eli's very first day of crawling. He is really motoring around now, so I'll have to post a new video soon.
The kiddos at the Greenlake kiddie pool. One of the most loved summer spots!
Seriously, isn't this a beautiful place!!! I LOVE the northwest and hiking. This beautiful view is a short 1 mile hike in, which is just perfect for kids. So, here's Eli getting a better view of the mountains.
Just a sweet little man face
Happy happy pool time in the backyard
And here is the crazy ham face. Seriously, I can't help but laugh at that crazy face!
Lucy does a pretty amazing job of playing with Eli. Here they are with toast "crowns"....Lucy's idea.





No comments:
Post a Comment