Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Murphy Family Christmas

As most of you reading this blog probably know, my sweet little niece, Allistaire, was diagnosed with Leukemia in early December. There is much that could be said on that subject, but I just wanted to provide some framework for why our Murphy Family Christmas happened to be at Children's Hospital this year. It was certainly not our normal all day event with a big Southern, heart attack on a plate breakfast or our extravagant dinner, but we were all together and that's what mattered. It was so uplifting to see all of the kiddos together, looking as lovely as ever, and enjoying interacting with each other. I absolutely love seeing our family grow. Having and raising kids can be draining but it is days like our Christmas celebration where you sit back and remember how blessed you are and how unfathomable it is that God could have blessed us so much. Our lives our overflowing with blessing and joy and it is because of the people that God has put in our lives- the family that we get to share this life with.

So, we packed into a little hospital room to share a take out dinner, open presents, and have some boxed wine and Christmas goodies. It was a sweet time. The best part, by far, was watching the kids. I know that we will look back on these days and smile. What a wonderful time...life as a young family.

My sweet Lucy girl...oh how I love that smiling face!
The tiny man's first Christmas!
A wonderful group of little people faces
The three girlies!
Papa being sweet with Allistaire

One of my most favorite people on the planet! I could not have asked for a better sister-in-law! I am so grateful to have her in my life!
We have a hard time having any fun...
Ultimate cuteness!
Oh dear, I could smoosh that face! The lady is obsessed with those pockets! I had to tell her to take her hands out of her pockets all day because she kept nearly tripping without the use of her arms.

No comments: