I love the holidays and Christmas time! I love the decorations. I love the food. I even love the cool weather and the early dark evenings which allow for guiltless lazing by the fire place. This year is even more fun with two cute kiddos now. Lucia is so articulate and excited about every new thing. She is, at this moment, singing the clean up clean up song. She is so funny and wonderfully sweet. She loves her little brother and talks to him all the time telling him about the moon and other super important things. Anyway, this week has been filled with lots of Christmas fun.
We went to get our Christmas tree this weekend though we started the festivities a bit early with green and "red" (pink) pancakes made special by Daddy. They were terrifying looking but awesome. Yes, that is a lump of green pancake in Lucy's mouth.

Next we hit the tree farm (two to be honest). The first one had seriously pathetic trees, so I made us go to another. Thankfully the second one was small and awesome. Pat is a trooper and puts up with my picky tree hunting without a word of complaint


Lucy was super cute tromping through the woods with me looking at the trees. She is so fascinated by everything right now. It is great.

Tree decorating time with daddy


Just a cute one of the little guy

I could eat these kids up!

Mommy bliss! Both of my little people for bed time stories!

And, in Summerill family tradition, Grandma Jana supplied Lucia with her first ever chocolate advent calendar. I LOVED these when I was a kid. My mom would get them for all four of us kids and line them up on the piano. Who doesn't love chocolate pieces in the morning!!! I do remember my mom making the chocolate a few of the years and reusing the calendars. Way to be reuse mom!

Seriously, we finally caught a smile on camera!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment