Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My rolling baby

Lucia hit a new milestone recently. She is now able to roll! It is pretty cute to watch. She doesn't have it down perfectly yet but she's getting there. She rolled first from her stomach to her back on 6/25 and then her stomach to her back on 7/6. She is much better at getting from her back to her stomach, so she has managed to wake herself up now a number of times all freaked out that she is on her stomach but can't figure out how to undo the issue. I now have her in rolling boot camp so that she can figure out how to consistently get back from her stomach to her back. It is pretty funny to walk away for a few minutes and come back to find her in an entirely different position. I know, I know, it seems silly that this is an amazing thing but we have been dealing with a stationary tiny human being and now we have an ever so slightly mobile tiny human being. :)

Here are some pictures of her in position to roll. I think that her little head hovering above the ground being held up by that little baby neck is so cute! I haven't caught it yet on video. The video below is me trying to get her to roll but she sneezes instead which is also pretty cute...at least to me, Pat, and maybe the grandparents. :)






Unrelated to rolling but still cute, here are a few of Lucia enjoying summertime. Here she is showing off those baby arm muscles

We had to get her a little baby hat so that I can walk around outside with her on the sunny days. She loves the walks.

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Thatta girl, Lucy! Busy times ahead ;). I too love baby necks holding up big wobbly heads, it's beyond cute. I also love her arm muscles. Yep, soft, squishy babies are the BEST! She's a doll, Briana.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sara! I am SO with you on not wanting our little people to grow up! I can't believe that all three of yours are so big. Time just flies by. We need to figure out some way to slow it down. These are such great times!

kadie said...

She was laying on the floor from June 25 until July 6 while you waited for her to turn over! Wow! :) I love reading your updates. And I think the little sneezes are adorable! I love how she's just chillin while momma's filming. Hope you guys are well and look forward to seeing you some time soon. :)