Monday, March 23, 2009

Bitter Sweet Day- Missing Kaitlyn






Today was a bittersweet day for Lucia, Pat, and I. Kaitlyn had to fly home to Florida. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to watch her go. Kaitlyn was here from the moment my contractions started and was by my side, supporting me, through the birth, the NICU, coming home, trying to adjust to life with a baby, and the sleepless nights. Kaitlyn played a special and important role in our lives as Lucia entered the world and, with her leaving, I feel like we are moving into a different phase with Lucia. Kaitlyn did so much to help us out over the past two weeks from managing guest schedules, cooking, doing laundry, providing moral support after Lucia was born and was in the NICU, bringing Lucia her 24-hour birthday cake, and hours spent taping and editing video of Lucia's birth. Pat and I didn't think that we would need help after Lucia was born but we did and we are so grateful that Kaitlyn was here and willing to do so much. More importantly, I feel like we have a new bond from the shared experience. She was a part of one of the greatest experiences of my life. I am happy that I was able to share a part of it with her.

I am sad that Kaitlyn is gone now and will miss her. It is hard to know that she will be away for so long but the sweet part is knowing that she was able to spend so much time with our little girl and that she had such a clear part in her first two weeks of life.

Thanks Kaitlyn for all of your quiet support and kindness as we tried to figure out our new life! We love you and miss you already!

No comments: