In other news, I took the test on Friday that determines whether or not you have developed the pregnancy form of diabetes. Thankfully I have not nor do I have to go back in for the exciting three-hour test. Sigh of relief on that one. There is only so much daytime TV one can stomach while sitting in the waiting room.
I also selected the fabric for the nursery bedding and am thrilled that my mom is making it for me. I now have the paint picked out and my awesome husband is going to paint the nursery, which is not exactly his favorite task though ironically I love to paint and am sad that I can't do the work. Probably not a good idea to have me climbing around on a ladder. I am not blessed with coordination at this point.
I am starting to feel the back pains of pregnancy and feel tired when I have been on my feet too long. I can't imagine what it will feel like when I am really big.
That's about all of the excitement for now though here is the latest from babycenter.com.
"Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture."
4 comments:
I'm glad they compared her weight to a rutabaga cause otherwise I probably wouldn't know what 1 1/2 lbs feels like ;)
wooo awesome!!! you're getting big in an awesome way cause soon you'll produce a chubby baby for me to pinch =) CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!
So I totally laughed about the painting situation...I do recall myself on a ladder painting Stella's bedroom (for probably the 4th color??). And yep, I was 9 months pregnant, had the full on Darth Vader (sp?) mask on and everything. Oh what fun. Something about being pregnant and picking colors too...I could never get it right. Good job Pat for being a good husband and doing the work! So you got your name picked out yet?? Make sure to post pictures of the bedding and room, I'd love to see! Hope your feeling as great as you look!
I know, the rutabage comment is totally essential to understanding the baby's size! What the heck is a rutabaga anyway!?!
Hi Sara! I can't believe that you were painting at 9 months!!! That is a crazy accomplishment. That takes a lot of energy! I'm glad you made it all right on the ladder too. :) We have the name narrowed down to two choices though we are keeping them a secret until she is born. :) More pictures coming soon on the nursery. I think that I will post some after the painting and then when I get the bedding. So fun!
Post a Comment