Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Little Things

I wish that I had a video camera going full time to capture all of the hilarious things that Lucia says and does these days. I love her little sayings and how she expresses herself, so I thought that I would try to remember some of them here.

1. When Pat comes home, she rushes to the door, pulls it open and yells "Welcome Draky". Drake is my nickname for Pat. Who knows how it came to be. Then she starts talking crazy fast trying to tell him all about her day before he can even get a foot in the door.
2. When she woke up from her nap the other day she yelled "Mommy, I waked up!"
3. I asked her if she would share her toys with baby brother when he was born. She said "OK Mommy" and then promptly brought over a few legos and set them on my belly.
4. We had an doctors apt. this week and I told her in advance that we would hear brother's heart beat. I asked her what she thought on the way home and she said "Mommy, baby brother heart is loud." She was referring to the loud static that you hear when the nurse first starts looking for the heart beat.
5. She was laying on one of our sofas last night and she said "Mommy lay on that one" pointing to the other sofa in the room. So, I did and then told her that we should talk about our feelings. :) I asked her how she was feeling. Her response was "pretty good mommy".
6. Lucy was asking to play with the little baby play gym and I told her that she was too big and that it was for baby brother. She said "that's right" then thought for a minute and said "mommy, baby brother needs to share that!".
7. We are working on potty training and now when she needs to poop she tells me "Out da way mommy". Today was a new one though. She walked into the bathroom and shut the door. When I went in after her, she said "out da way" again so I left (leaving the door open) and she shouted "shut da door please mommy".
8. We bought a little toddler bible for Lucia a week or so ago and she absolutely loves it! She asks me to read it before she even gets out of her crib in the morning and then gives me full baby sermons on Joseph, Jonah and the Whale, Noah, Daniel and the Lions Den, Jesus healing people...and the list goes on. My favorite is Jonah and her phrases include: "Jonah go Ninva",
"God give SECOND CHANCE" (second chance is said with lots of enthusiasm), "Be sweet Ninva", "Jonah obey God". It is really really cute.
9. Another quote from the bible that she said last night was "God's Choooosen people...Israel God's choooosen people". I then explained that Israel is God's chosen group of people but that God also chose us to love, mommy, daddy, and Lucia. Then she started naming us with "God's choooosen people" added to the end.

No comments: