Thursday, November 11, 2010

Countless Reasons to Love Fall in the NW

I know that fall is on its way out up here given the weather report for snow this weekend, but I still have relish the fall moments. Fall is a blessed relief, ironically, from the business of summer. Of course, the down side is that it welcomes in winter which is more often wet than snowy around here. Nonetheless, I still love fall for all of the colors, sights, and smells. And now Pat and I have a new little person to share the fun with. Life is full of blessings!

This was a great fall. It was quite busy but Pat and I made it to the pumpkin patch a few times as did my friend Lindsay and I. It is such a great place for the kids to run around, slap some pumpkins, and check out the farm animals. For the adults, we get roasted corn and spiced cider.

Pat and I took Lu to the pumpkin patch on a beautiful sunny day! It was so wonderfully muddy out in the pumpkin patch. Lucia was just off and running...and covered in mud. I told her this was a "baby pumpkin". She was thrilled to see any kind of a baby and carried it with her the entire time that Pat and I were there.



Lindsay and I took Lucia and Jackson the next day and, of course, our cameras both died before we got too many pictures in, but here is one good one from the day. It was foggy to begin with but totally cleared off.

Okay, this one is just random. I told Lucy to "smile" and this is what I got. :)


Dad's partially carved pumpkin. The man carves a mean pumpkin people! Lucy is feeding the pumpkin with the measuring cup. Of course!
The fall colors are amazing around here. This is a picture of our "birthday" tree. Pat got it for me a few years back and it is my favorite fall time tree.
There were a few beautiful sunny fall days this year and we enjoyed every moment of those crisp fall days outside. Lucy loves to run around in the backyard from spot to spot, smelling plants, "hiding" under the Japanese Maple, and climbing around on the rocks in our patio.


No comments: