Things I love about my baby:
- She has such a tiny little baby body. I love stripping her down before bath time and letting her run around in nudy glory. She shrieks with glee at the freedom and wags her head back and forth to feel her hair hit her face. She can barely keep upright while she is doing this.
- She is such a little girl and, with no prompting, seems to take to all of the sparkles and frill. I do try to balance it with tractors, trains, and dinosaurs. That said, she LOVES anything girly. She loves hats. She loves rings and necklaces and bracelets. Anytime, there is something different about her attire, she runs to the mirror screaming "baby, baby, baby" then stands in front of it, with her head tilted, admiring herself. Here are some of the more hilarious examples of her girliness.
- She found a piece of packing tape that had been on her diaper box. She draped it across her head like hair and then wore it around the house for the better part of an hour. Here she is at the mirror checking out her "hair"
- She calls my hair bands "bracets" and wears them everywhere we go.
- She is SO pleased when Pat and I let her wear our wedding rings. It will keep her entertained for a long while.
- She is very into hats and anything on her head. Mom started this one... She loves it when we are changing her and pull her shirt up over her head but leave it on her head. She wants to see herself in the mirror every time. Here we are trying a Halloween costume on her and she wanted it to remain on her head.
- She has started putting two words together but she annunciates the two words the same way every time regardless of what the words are. The first word is punctuated and the second kind of falls out like an after thought. Her favorite is "coco bed" (translation: chocolate/pumpkin bread). Another is saying goodbye to just about anything. That is how I get her to leave something without fighting me on it. It works like a charm. I just tell her that it is time to say goodbye to the slide and then, for at least the next 10 minutes, she is saying "bye-bye side...bye-bye side" and waving her little baby hand. She will also say "ove oo dada" (translation: love you dada).
- She sings in the back seat of the car when we are driving around. I have a bad habit of never NEVER changing the CDs in my car, so we listen to the same things over and over again. She has got a few of the songs down. I can look back and her little baby mouth is wide open as she is singing along to the songs. One of the best sounds in the world! She chair dances to them as well. She also asks to "dancy" when we are at the house. I'll turn on the radio or, on the more rare occasion, we'll bust out the guitar.
- She has great animal sounds now. She does a horse and sheep sound with great accuracy. Pat and I have a few favorites though that aren't quite right but we don't want to correct her because they are too cute!
- "cagadodoo" = cockadoodledo for the rooster
- "wifit" = ribit for the frog
- She has a best friend Jackson and we get to hang out all the time. They say each other's names now "Jaxcy" and "Luc". They both ask for each other every day and Lindsay (Jaxcy's mom) told me that Jackson says "Luc" whenever he sees a blonde little girl. They are so cute together.
No comments:
Post a Comment