Wednesday, June 2, 2010

For Real-zeez Day

I most definitely have an amazing husband! First, I get to stay home and take care of our daughter rather than trying to balance a full time job and being a mom at the same time. I know that lots of moms do that and do it very well, but I am grateful for this luxury. Anyway, on top of that sacrifice, Pat does tons of thoughtful things for me on a very regular basis. I know that he thinks about what I would want, even though it may be the opposite of what he may want, and decides to indulge my desires over his own. All of that to lead into what Pat called "For Real-zeez Day". For Real-zeez Day was a complete surprise to me even though Pat and my friend Lauren had been planning it for a few weeks. The day started out with Pat getting up at his normal time, 5:45am, and heading off to work. I came downstairs to eat breakfast and there was a note on the fridge to call him. So...I called. He told me not to eat breakfast and that he would be home soon. He would give me no additional details. :)

When he arrived home, he brought with him flowers and tons of food. He informed me that he had taken the day off and that I was to follow all instructions and not ask any questions. I love surprises, so I was happy to comply. He made us smoked salmon omelets and strawberry chocolate pancakes for breakfast. After breakfast, the three of us went for a walk around the lake in our neighborhood, which I love to do. For the most part, I am most happy outside! When we came back he put together a lunch of my favorite stinky cheese, crackers, strawberries, honey, and ice wine which I love like crazy. Then he sent me off in the car with directions to head south on the freeway and call me at a certain point. The car was covered with little riddles that I was supposed to interpret in order to figure out what I was doing for the rest of the day. I finally ended up at my good friend Lauren's house! This was an awesome surprise! I LOVE hanging out with Lauren and I love time away where I don't have to worry about all of the logistics of being a mom. Don't get me wrong, I love being with Lucia, but this was such a great and needed break. So, Lauren being the crazy sweet friend that she is had suggested all of these activities to Pat and they had worked out what to do for the rest of the day. First we went to a chocolate factory in Fremont. It is one of only 12 chocolate makers in the country. We ate a ton of chocolate and went on a really interesting tour of the facility. Next we went to get pedicures. Now, this was no lame pedicure. This was downtown on 5th avenue with the extra perks. It was so fun and my toes look lovely. We finished the afternoon off with beer at a brewery downtown for happy hour and then had a late dinner at a great restaurant...and more beer. It was so nice to have the morning with Pat and my lady and the afternoon with a great friend with time to relax and unwind.

I am very blessed with a wonderful husband and friend! Thanks to Lauren and Pat!

For Real-zeez Day breakfast with Lucia. She got a chocolate chip pancake too!
Pat taking hold out pictures as a sign of love for me...he generally hates doing this....probably because I make him do it all the time. :)
Lauren and I at the chocolate factory! I have one picture of us with the hair nets on but that one will not make it to the blog. I realized that I had the flash on and there was no flash photography allowed. I look very freaked out in the picture. Not a good look.
Super bright nailpolish for our awesome toes!

No comments: