I had my first real dr appointment yesterday! I went great though nothing too exciting. It was super long. They did all of the standard physical exam stuff and then talked to me for about 45 minutes about the myriad of test options available and which are standard. I opted for the middle of the road testing which will happen at 16 weeks. She also talked to me a lot about what the doctor will do and what the appointments are like. Then I gave about a gallon of blood for a bunch of tests for myself.
My next appointment is on Aug. 20 at almost 12 weeks, so we should be able to hear the heart beat then. She also mentioned that they don’t do an ultrasound until 20 weeks unless they think that I am high risk- which I am not at this point. So, the first view of our baby will be in late Oct when we find out if it is a boy or a girl!
The dr also confirmed that my uterus is growing so I can say goodbye to my cute little jeans. :) Bring on the baby pudge! I can say that I have been eating much more than normal. I feel better when I am eating so I just keep eating. Thankfully I have good stuff like fruit, veggies, and yogurt to keep me from eating Specialties cookies al day long. That would be bad news.
No comments:
Post a Comment